My goodness, what a month it has been! Miles, milestones, and once in a life time moments. I was traveling 19 of the 30 days in this amazing world of ours. Here is a summary of my favorite moments:
- Thursday, September 1- The Big 4-0 with my family at the Playground- where adults go to play with their food. Many thanks to my hubby Alex for organizing a wonderful night.
- Friday, September 2- Dinner with neighbors at the Steer Inn and impromptu Wine Night at Rancho Relaxo.
- Saturday, September 3- Alaska here we come!
- September 5- Juneau for crab, kayaking in the rain with bald eagles, & Beer Nuts.
- September 6- Skagway for canoeing to a freshly calved glacier with some very weird dudes.
- September 7- Glacier Bay for cruising- Alaska sun at last!
- September 8- Ketchikan for off road go-carting in the mud. #Dirty
- Saturday, September 10 to 12- Seattle for arts & entertainment… and peaches.
- Thursday, September 15- Network of Executive Women event at Hotel Maya with my favorite ladies! #inspiring
- Friday, September 16- Garden Swap & Cocktail tasting with the best neighbors ever!
- Saturday, September 17- Concert in the park for a little disco with my Village People!
- Sunday, September 18- Pool party @ #otherpeople’shouses. #refreshing
- Monday, September 19- Happiness= when you take a day off to decorate your house.
- Wednesday, September 21- Day trip to San Jose to start a grass roots Diversity & Inclusion campaign. Who’s with me?
- Thursday, September 22- Happy B-day to two of my favorite gals!
- Friday, September 23- Up, up and away to !ncredible !ndia!
- Sunday, September 25- Arrival in New Dehli, followed by a courageous tour of the city via private car. Played chicken with a Tuk Tuk or two.
- Monday, September 26- Day trip to Agra to see the Taj Majal. Pristine beauty and peace, surrounded by a chaotic world outside the gates. Amazing Lunch over looking the Taj at the Oberoi. Dinner at famous restaurant, Bukhara, with the most amazing food.
- Tuesday, September 27- An authentic Indian welcome from my colleagues complete with flower lei and ceremony. Dinner while enjoying Indian music and dancing.
- Wednesday, September 28- Fly to Hyderabad, India. Dinner at “the Palace.”
- Thursday, September 29- Meetings with my Indian colleagues. Finally, faces to names! Up, up and away to Dubai for an 8 hour layover.
- Friday, September 30- Finally HOME! SWEET! HOME!
I cannot express to you how AMAZING the world is, and how equally WONDERFUL it is to be home. It is truly sweet.
6 thoughts on “Sharable Moments: September 2016”
I’m just tired reading but it good to be young and with all this energy
Good for you
Keeping on traveling
Hot damn! I need a coffee just to read that all! Sounds epic 🙂
Right? Busy month! Thanks for your comment!
Wow! Livin’ the life, Summ! BTW: What’s a tuk-tuk?
It’s the three wheeled transport vehicle (taxi) that seems to fit up to 10 people on it.
Pingback: Food & Comfort | Neighborly Life