April was amazingly busy, but each day brought on more inspiration. Here’s what has kept me busy & inspired this month:
- Friday, April 1- Date Night
- Steak for two with roasted carrots and vibrant chimichurri sauce @ Haven (AMAZING!)- I recreated the dish at home with colorful veggies from the Garden Swap.
- Saturday, April 2- The Contributing Community
- Pole Position Teams took to the streets to paint away! We followed it up with lunch @ 4th Street Market, and finished the day at Art Walk following dinner @ Wursthaus. #exhausted
- Monday, April 4- FPNA Scholarship Meeting
- Recipients were selected! Congrats to all the worthy students!
- Tuesday, April 5- OC/CB Lean In Happy Hour
- Fun negotiation class with my inspirational female colleagues! Wine & cheese are always on this menu!
- Friday, April 8- Date Night
- Steak, BYOB wine, and carrot cake to die for @ Prime Cut. The cake inspired some muffins for the pre-home tour Muffins & Mimosas brunch!
- Saturday, April 9- FPNA Pancake Breakfast, Instagramming and Knucklehead’s Birthday Party
- Pancakes and coffee with my FPNA volunteers, followed by photography and fun with Mila, and an amazing Jalapeno & Cucumber Margarita @ Amorelia with the familia. You will see margarita in the future.
- Saturday, April 10- Supper Club
- Chilaquiles and a spicy berry margarita @ Kutsi, followed by my Neighborly egg delivery
- Monday, April 11- Sewing party
- An evening of crafty costume creation with my work team in preparation for our annual bowling event. I made Ham & Cheese empanadas with my leftover empanada wrappers. Super Easy.
- Tuesday, April 12- Client Lunch @ a Top Chef’s New Restaurant
- OMG: Chicken cannelloni with foie gras sauce @ Vaca, Amar Santana’s new OC Hot Spot
- Thursday, April 14- Garden Swap at our place… oh the colors!
- Friday, April 15- Tax Day
- 13th Annual Bowling Party at work, I was a, eh hem, cougar… no comment.
- Saturday, April 16- Wine Country Weekend
- Picnic @ Keyways, then lounging on adirondacks @ Cougar (no relation to bowling cougars)
- Sunday, April 17- Breakfast Club 2.0
- Assignment: Eggs, Bonus Points: Dolmas
- Afternoon Neighborhood mixer with my puff pastry contribution.
- Tuesday, April 19- Disneyland with my fellow Neighborly dwarves.
- Happy, Bashful, Doc, Sleepy, and Grumpy headed to the Happiest Place on Earth, other than Floral Park, that is. Sneezy stayed home because he was, well, sneezy. We never found Dopey.
- Thursday, April 21- CEO Dinner at work
- Dinner with “the executive” @ Fleming’$ in LA. The perfect place for someone else to pick up the tab.
- Friday, April 22- CSUF Case Competition
- Inspiring young accountants, one case study at a time! Congrats to the winning team!
- Saturday, April 23 & 24- Home Tour Weekend!
- Kick off Muffins & Mimosa brunch @ our house with the gals, followed by a lively rendition of “Happy Birthday to Alex” over a pizza sized chocolate chip cookie.
- Monday, April 25- Alex’s Birthday!
- Pizza & beer with family and friends @ St. Pepperonis, trivia was a bonus but we fell short of the win
- Thursday, April 28- CFO Roundtable for work @ Capital Grille
- Lobster and crab and steak, oh my! Another perfect place for someone else to pick up the tab.
- Friday, April 29- Date Night @ King’s Fish House
- Alex and I devoured a Dungeness Crab (1 each), and ended up covered in garlic butter. Good thing it wasn’t our first date, things got a little messy.
- Saturday, April 30- Reunion of sorts with an old friend
- Peace, love and Chile Verde for all!
Whew! Time flies when you are having fun! Thanks for the memories!
2 thoughts on “Sharable Moments: April 2016”
Wow – what a busy month! Not sure how you work and do all that you do for your neighborhood! You are amazing! I need to learn your secret!
Right?!?! I don’t know either! I suppose cutting back on the Housewives has afforded me some more time.