May was far more relaxing than April, but it certainly wasn’t short of inspiration. Here’s what kept me busy and inspired this month.
- Sunday, May 1- A special delivery of fresh peaches from the tree across the street lead to a Sunday dessert of Peach & Blueberry Crostata. Just Peachy!
- Tuesday, May 3- My custom “One of a Kind Cookbook” I ordered for my mom for Mother’s day arrived! Thanks Mila!
- Wednesday, May 4- May the fourth be with you…
- Friday, May 6- “No pressure,” we enjoyed brandied cherry night with Ashley & Sue
- Saturday, May 7- FPNA Siete de Mayo: Mexican Tacos, Zumba, Cerveza and Margaritas for the ‘Hood. A preview of things to come…@FPsouthoftheborder
- Sunday, May 8- Mother’s Day Brunch with the Moms.
- Thursday, May 12-19- Floral Park heads south of the border to Cabo! This tradition of spring, lead to many Happy Hours, where we learned to “cook,” saw rays take flight, and had a night-cap of Mexican coffee.
- Friday, May 20- Dinner with Jackie, Manny, Caryl and Justin @ The Playground in DTSA. Pork belly buns, and Favas, and fried chicken, Oh My!
- Saturday, May 21- The return to Yoga, was followed by a not so healthy dinner at Barley Forge Brewery with my sensei and besties. Then we headed to the Tap Room for a taste of Alex’s new brew.
- Saturday, May 28- Memorial Day weekend kicked off with a roll round the hood and healthy fish grill in the backyard with lots of Pimped Out Green Sauce.
- Sunday, May 29- Patchwork Craft Fair offered all kinds of unique finds. #DTSA rocks.
- Monday, May 30- Memorial Day started with Brunch to celebrate my Stepdad’s B-day at 4th street market, and ended up with grilling in the back yard.
Next month? Glamping!!!